Submitted proposals must utilize the required 2017 MS Word Form and be divided, in order, under the following headings:
- Applicant Information: Your name, affiliation, advisor, degree sought (M.S. or Ph.D.), and expected year of graduation.
- Contact Information: Email addresses and phone numbers for you and your advisor, and your fax number and postal address.
- Title: Title of the proposal.
- Summary: Summary of the proposal that explains both the intellectual merit and broader impacts of the project.
- Justification: State why new research-grade ALSM data is needed to achieve the scientific goals. Please be aware that airborne lidar data is available for many areas (e.g., opentopography.org, griduc.rsgis.erdc.dren.mil, earthexplorer.usgs.gov, coast.noaa.gov).
- References: Not more than three literature references.
- Supplementary Information (Optional): State your gender and if you belong to an under-represented minority group.
- Relevant NSF Program (Required): Please indicate which NSF program is most relevant to your proposed research (e.g., Tectonics, Geomorphology and Land-Use Dynamics, Ecosystem Science).
- Dimensions: Rectangular area in square kilometers, not to exceed 40 km2.
- Point density (points per square meter)
- Data format (pointclouds or grid files, unfiltered or filtered for bare earth)
- Datum (e.g., NAD83, GEIOD12A)
- Optional waveform data or aerial photography (with limited processing)
- Seasonal Constraints: Best or preferred time of year for data collection.
- Topography: Maximum slope, elevation range, and any other topographic details relevant to the logistics of ALSM data collection.
- Figures: Include a location map of the area to be surveyed.